"Empowering Lives, Providing Support."
Against domestic abuse
We are here to help victims of domestic abuse, honour-based abuse and forced marriage. If you are seeking a safe space in community or support in your own home, we can help.
- Confidential, empathetic, and non-judgmental person-centred emotional support to victims of domestic and sexual abuse.
- Access to information to help you understand your rights and make informed decisions.
- Support to access legal support.
- Support to identify and reduce risks and develop safety planning accordingly.
- Support to apply welfare benefit, help with money matters and employability.
- Specialist counselling services for you and your children.
- Help to make informed decisions.
- Support to access temporary accommodation.
We deliver trainings across communities to create:
- Awareness of domestic abuse
- Awareness of domestic abuse and communicating directly with victim
- Awareness of Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness
- Awareness around Honour Based Violence and Forced Marriages
aims of this awareness course
This course will help you to understand:
- Meaning of the term ‘domestic violence and abuse’ (DVA).
- How and why domestic violence and abuse happens.
- Who the perpetrators and victims are.
- The impact of violence and abuse on victims.
- What the indicators are that DVA is happening in a family.
- How children perceive DVA, the impact it has on their lives and how they can react.
- Best practice in responding to concerns about DVA.
- How and where you can access further resources regarding this topic.
- How to raise awareness of the reasons behind, and impact of, domestic violence and abuse (DVA) on both the adult victim and the victim’s children.
This course should be taken by anyone who works with either children or their families.
Contact Us to find out about our next round of trainings for organisations and communities